Aerospace Technician [multiple openings]
[Location - Huntsville, Alabama]
Aevum is seeking an aerospace technician to work with the Aevum engineering team to build, test, and fly aerospace vehicles. As the aerospace technician, you will work closely with responsible engineers to build, test, and fly various components, subsystems, and systems that include machined parts, composite fabrication, assembly, basic shop tools, and hand tools. You will be expected to work with high pressure fluids as well as chemicals that require a high level of caution. This position demands attention to detail, perfection, and a strict adherence to company policies, processes, and safety procedures. You will regularly work wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and be hands-on with flight hardware.
The aerospace technician is expected to be professional and team-oriented. The candidate must possess the ability to digest information quickly, follow established processes and procedures, and execute the various actions successfully. Clear communication with the lead technician and other team members is necessary but the candidate is expected to be effective with minimal oversight.
- Performs process tests and implements test set-ups
- Perform fabrication processes and delivers complete parts; processes may include composite fabrication techniques
- Performs component tests, collects results, and maintains appropriate logs
- Provides oral and/or written reports of results as necessary
- Constructs, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, tools, and other assets required to fabricate and manufacture hardware
- Maintains a clean shop floor, working surfaces, and highly organized workspace
- Maintains inventory logs of equipment, common hardware, chemicals, tools, and procures new and replacement inventory items as necessary
- Interprets drawings, engineering instructions, and 3D CAD to build, construct, fabricate, and assemble parts, subsystems, and systems as well as tooling, structures, and custom equipment
- Perform fabrication processes using hand tools, pneumatic tools, and various machinery including CNC
- Performs measurement of finished parts and systems using calibrated tools to check compliance to engineering specifications
- Design and build tooling as necessary to builld engineered hardware
- Strictly follow company processes, procedures, and enforce company quality standards as established in the company quality manual
- Communicate errors, improvements, and other necessary information regarding processes to appropriate team members and work with the team to implement changes/improvements
- Strong hands-on experience building aerospace components and systems
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, 3D CAD, parts lists, and manufacturing processes/instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- High level of integrity to report accidents and procedural failures
- 2 to 10 years of experience building and delivering finished aerospace components
- Experience building launch vehicles
- Experience building and operating high pressure systems
- GD&T experience
Applicant must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident (green card holder).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.