Embedded Software Engineer
[Location - Huntsville, Alabama]
Embedded software engineer with experience in C++, Python, or C. Must be comfortable in a Linux environment. RTOS experience is a plus. Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Develop embedded, real-time autonomous flight software
- Develop and improve control algorithms
- Work closely with software team to develop and continuously improve machine intelligence-based software
- Analyze vehicle flight dynamics and select parameters for control systems
- Perform analysis and derive requirements for control system components, such as actuators, servos, DC motors, sensors, data measurement units, etc.
- Assist in selecting and procuring avionics components
- Create and develop software and hardware-in-the-loop tests
- Perform post-static and flight test data review and continuously improve flight software
- Create and maintain engineering documentation
- Verify compliance to requirements
- Support launch and mission operations
- Bachelor's degree in physics, engineering, or mathematics
- Prior experience developing autonomous control software
- Knowledge of avionics components and system architectures
- General knowledge of C, C++, Python, R, MATLAB, and JAVA are necessary
- Extensive experience with C++, C, JAVA, or Python
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- RTOS development experience
- Proficient developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with modular systems, applying deep learning for object recognition and optimization algorithms
Applicant must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident (green card holder).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.