Program and Systems Engineer (Entry Level) - FILLED
[Location - Huntsville, Alabama]
Aevum's Vehicle and Systems Engineering Team (VSET) is seeking an extremely motivated entry level engineer to assist in the management of technical projects in the Ravn Program. The Program and Systems Engineer will work directly with senior technical leadership to ensure the successful execution of processes, strategic plans, project schedule, systems engineering projects, and mission critical action items. VSET is looking for a Program and Systems Engineer who thrives on the challenges of managing complex projects with aggressive deadlines.
As a Program and Systems Engineer (entry level) in VSET, the individual will be responsible for helping to implement strategic decisions and executing tasks critical to the success of the Ravn program. The individual will constantly work alongside several levels of leadership at Aevum from the executive level to the integrated product team (IPT) leads. The individual will be expected to think quickly, remain focused on project details without losing program perspective, be highly resourceful, highly professional, and determined to contribute to the forward progress. Being an entry level position, the senior leaders of Aevum will mentor the Program and Systems Engineer (entry level) closely and offer help as necessary. The most important factor for success in this position is determination.
The successful candidate is proactive, takes initiative, independent, personable, and delivers results under pressure. The candidate should enjoy strategic operations and managing stakeholder expectations. The strongest candidate is a high performer in fast paced development environment with high levels of uncertainty. Success in this position will result in many promotional opportunities within Aevum including the potential for executive leadership.
- Help manage complex projects involving multiple technical disciplines
- Maintain, communicate, and enforce integrated master schedules (IMS) at both the program and project levels
- Make strategic recommendations to improve existing operations and assist in establishing new operations in multiple locations around the world
- Assist in creating and updating proposals, plans, agreements, contracts, and important documents
- Review customer inquiries, documents, requirements, and government solicitations and draft proposals
- Manage expectations of external and internal stakeholders
- Maintain the up-to-date status of projects and programs and manage tasks
- Identify delays, challenges, and critical paths early and present risk mitigation recommendations to leadership
- Devise processes, procedures, and operational plans and present them to leadership
- Communicate and clarify project level details to peers and IPT leads
- Relay implementation level challenges to leadership and ensure that resulting solutions are executed efficiently
- Conduct thorough reviews of compliance documents, customer solicitations, requirements, and put together formal responses
- Use word, excel, powerpoint, and other similar tools to create professional documents
- Assist to initiate and continuously engage with external stakeholders, identify requirements, and recommend actions to leadership
- Assist to enforce company processes, operational procedures, and policies including quality standards, product development processes, and change management processes
- Perform mission level engineering analysis and assist senior engineers in concept of operations planning, establishing facilities, and devising technology maturation plans
- Gather, organize, and relay important external documents and information to senior leadership
- Use Microsoft Project or equivalent software to create new project schedules and maintain existing projects
- Help coordinate multiple actions towards a common goal
- Maintain collaborative tools and improve lines of communication within Aevum
- Perform research and brief leadership as requested
- Bachelor's degree in physics, engineering, or mathematics
- Prior experience founding organizations, managing budgets, successfully executing organizational strategies
- Demonstrated success in managing stakeholder requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivation
- General knowledge of operations, project management, and systems engineering are necessary
- Knowledge of supply chain/logistics/operations
- Strong experience writing proposals, professional responses, or leading high-stake programs
- 1-2 years of work experience managing multiple competing priorities and engaging technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization and apply concepts to external organizations
- Experience shaping business strategy for technical products and services
Applicant must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident (green card holder).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.